Application MUST be filled out online before you will be considered for this position. Click here to complete the application.
This position is under the direct supervisory responsibility and accountability of the Facility Manager.
The position supports the needs and requests of the church staff and children’s ministries in accordance with the duties mentioned in the job description.
- Vacuum all carpeted floors; clean tile floors
- Check for proper operation of restroom facilities while keeping adequate supplies available at all times.
- Dust furniture, entryways, window sills, coat racks, doors and baseboards as needed.
- Wash windows as needed.
- Mop kitchen floor as needed.
- Empty waste baskets and trash containers daily; empty recycle containers as needed.
- Sweep staff offices once per week, or as needed.
- Keep entryways at all entrances/exits clean to prevent accidents or hazardous conditions especially in inclement weather.
- Mop south stairways as needed.
- Spot clean carpets as needed.
- Other duties as specified by the Board of Trustees/Facility Manager
- Sweep/clean/shovel sidewalks as needed.
- Wash ‘door’ windows when needed.
- Report any unusual or safety-related issues which may require attention in order to prevent damage to the property or persons to the Facilities Manager, Office Staff, or local authorities (Police, Fire Department) as the situation demands.
- See that church-owned equipment used by the custodian/housekeeper is properly maintained.
- Alert facility manager to any repairs that may be needed
PUMC is receiving applications for a part-time Childcare Specialist. The Childcare Specialist is responsible for the safety, well-being, and security of all children in PUMC’s Play ’N Share program.
Preschool Teacher's Aide (part time)
PUMC is receiving applications for a part-time (with full-time potential) Preschool Teacher. The Preschool Teacher is responsible for the safety, well-being, and security of all children in PUMC’s Preschool program. The Preschool Teacher will be responsible for monitoring and teaching the children in the program, developing a curriculum that the children will respond to positively, and partnering with the staff team to enhance the environment in the church and school.
Kids Connection Leader/Driver (part-time)
PUMC’s Out of School Program, Kids Connection, is looking for a part-time leader/driver. Candidates must be at least 21 years of age and hold a valid driver's license.
Hours vary. The duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Driving children in grades Kindergarten through fifth in a fifteen passenger church van.
- Monitoring children during play and ensuring their safety.
- Transporting children on field trips, as well as to and from school.
- Assisting children with homework and monitoring high school aides who work with the children.